I feel like we are so behind on keeping everyone up-to-date. I suppose that feeling is accurate ; ) We have not had time much for our blog. But, since John is spending the weekend in class I thought I could spare some time to let everyone know we are doing well.
We really have been making some big adjustments, such as waking up at 6 am and going to bed before 10...which is so unusual for us (but is definitely becoming the norm). I have an 8 am lab I teach on Mondays for a child development class (which is one part of my assistantship). It basically consists of reviewing course material with the students, going over observational assignments, and helping them put practical application to the material. So far we've not had any assignments due, but they come rolling in next week...Also, I have to sit in the lectures for this class, so 8-9:30 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays is booked. I'm also responsible for creating exams and everything that goes along with that...it is turning out to be a lot of work.
My other assistantship is related to an adolescent pregnancy prevention program in Augusta, GA. Right now I am building the rationale for the program based on previous literature/programs. It is really interesting work, and while I have had a lot of catching up to do in order to become familiar with the literature I have enjoyed the work and writing.
Speaking of writing, I've reminded myself that I have much to do today and should start writing for class. Real quick, though, classes are going well. I am taking a class on diversity, a class on the philosophy of science, a statistics class, and then an introduction-to-the-department-and-the-next-four-years-of-your-life class. All are interesting and the readings have been enlightening (though the philosophy of science class's books have been a little deep...but that is to be expected ; ). For the most part, John has been on campus with me each day I am there- so it has been really nice to see him more frequently than not. Since my days last from 7:00 am to 6:30 pm away from the house, he decided that was the most effective way to see me all the time. And it has worked out nicely. We bought a little fridge for my office (and, I have one by the way!) so we can stash away foods to help us make it through the day.
So, that is a real brief update..but now you know a little more about what is going on over in Athens. Stop by anytime to see for yourself how things are going ; )...we welcome visitors.
4:11 PM
Powered by Blogger.

4 Thoughts:
i wanna visit! i'll come and put little mini cokes in your fridge, that way when you open it, you can smile and think of me- and drink a mini coke!
i'm excited that you have an office. that means you're for real now. eeee!
pk and i will come and visit, then john and you can come visit us in chicago- since we'll both be in our respective locations for a while. :)
life is getting exciting!
Laura, thank you so much for "sparing" the time...as in taking a break from painting your nails, watching movies, and eating ice cream to update me on your life. i love you!
Oh Dear Summer...thank you for giving away all of my secrets ; )
You know, that really was simply a coping mechanism to hold myself together while John was away!
I love you!!
yall are funny :) I would stop by...but there is a great gulf fixed between us, ;) Good things it's nice on both sides of this one! Love yall,
Will
Post a Comment