Laura and I celebrated something momentous last night, and I had to share about it. First, though, I need to tell you how we celebrated. We went to Longhorn Steakhouse, which is one of our favorite places to eat for one reason: Texas Cheese-fries. Don’t get me wrong. Their steak is really good, and we even love their pork-chops, but that is not what gets us through the doors. It’s the appetizer. So, instead of an entrée, we decided to simply eat Texas Cheese-fries for dinner. In case you have never had it, this appetizer is a giant plate of Fries smothered in chili and nacho cheese. Then, they pile blended shredded cheeses and bacon on top and melt it down under a broiler. And, it is amazing!
After the appetizer, we ordered dessert. Laura had never had fried cheesecake before, and since I still wanted more cheese, I decided that this was the night for her. This one is a large goblet filled with ice cream, fried cheesecake squares, strawberries and whipped cream. It was a fantastic experience, and a wonderful celebration. We were stuffed, satisfied and happy. Appetizer and dessert; skip the entrée.
So what were we celebrating? Only one week before, I had the final academic conversation of my Seminary career. All my papers are through, and I am finished. 97 hours of graduate blood, sweat and tears are yielding a Master of Divinity from Asbury Theological Seminary. Praise God!
Skip the Entrée
12:27 PM
Powered by Blogger.

6 Thoughts:
congratulations, john!
Congrats John, I'm sure that is a great feeling (looking forward to it this May). Do you have any idea what you are doing after seminary?
Dan, Of course I know exactly what God wants me to do after seminary, and I have everything lined up for it! Don't you? haha Well, anyway... I am going to try to get an adjunct teaching position at one of the local colleges (there are 4-5 I will apply at), and I am starting to consult with some churches, especially to help them with their direction and organizational issues (something I did in both my internships and really enjoyed).
Congratulations! What a fine celebration for a victorious ending!
both are a joyous celebration time! i know God has a special place for you two in HIS WORKPLACE.We are so proud for (and of)you.
This is great news! I am so excited for y'all, and very glad to have experienced a small part of this journey with you!
Post a Comment