John and I have been spending quite some time in the library as of late. I've discovered that Asbury's library is a great social place. Everyone is so friendly and eager to help each other out. Although we realize that getting in socializing time would be fun at the library, we have continued to spend most of our time outside of the house with friends from First Alliance. This past weekend we had a retreat that was mainly about getting to know each other better. I was only able to go to the Friday night service but even that was wonderful! I met new friends and got to know some old friends better.
I was pretty excited to have connected with many of the girls that were present. I discovered that the upper-class girls were very interested in learning more about me. In fact, I got an invitation on Sunday to go to the movies with a couple of them on Tuesday. It was great fun having girl time! I found out another girl I had talked to Friday night went home and started researching Family Studies. I suppose she was intrigued by my vision for using my studies in the real world because she is looking into continuing her education in Family Studies!
John is doing so good! I'm amazed at how continually upbeat he is. He had a little scare Monday when his professor emailed him to tell him that his exam was missing. Poor John was concerned that he had misplaced it and was diligent about meeting with the professor (when it turned out the professor had misplaced it. Oops.). On top of all the class work he brings home, John is also doing a lot of the housework, such as cooking, laundry, the dishes, and cleaning. I am so blessed by his servant's heart. I still try to be the housewife as much as possible, but often times he will pry me away from the sink so that I can grade papers (and he will end up doing the dishes). Yes, I am so so so so very very blessed!
Oh, and have I mentioned that John substitute teaches occasionally!?! Yes, he is putting his wonderful teaching skills (and breaking-up-a-fight skills) to good use. He has actually tried to convience me that I should come with him to do an observation for one of my classes. I had to refuse. He is a much braver man than I. I prefer to stay locked away from the mass amount of adolescents experiecing heightened sensitivity of their sensory system ; )
So, that is our life for now. John is beckoning me to leave the library, so I leave you with this.

The first picture, I think, that was ever taken of us! June 2004 : )

3 Thoughts:
aw! your life makes me say "aw!"
i miss you guys and i'm so glad that john is taking care of you (that you're taking care of john! he's our only boy) i'm right with you guys on the papers and stuff.
i love you!
sweet jeanie! thank you for the post. I love to hear from you. I am so glad that you and John are so happy.... and i have a lot of papers around here too. I hope you guys didn't catch anything from me : ) J
Aw! So sweet! Good luck with all the work- I'm sure you will magnify the Lord as you use the gifts he's given you to focus and learn!
Post a Comment