Why Not?

" Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. " Matthew 6:9-10

Jesus said to pray that the Father's kingdom would come on earth and to pray that His will would be done on earth just as it is in heaven. I (Laura) take this literally. When I'm praying for someone to be healed, my prayer is shaped to reflect His kingdom coming to earth and His will in heaven being done here on earth. We know that there is no sickness in heaven, therefore, we stand believing that He would do what He says ("God is not a man that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?" Numbers 23:19). We ask that He would heal and this is a form of praying for His kingdom to come (In Revelations, John writes about the place where God dwells. He says, "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away" Rev. 21:4.). If He has directed us to pray in such a way to petition Him for His kingdom to come today, then will He not answer us by bringing heaven to earth in the realm we are seeking Him? I submit that He desires His kingdom to dwell in us richly and to dwell in those whom we interceed on their behalf.

Two things to go along with this. First, we either hear and see what God is doing now or in heaven learn of what a great and mighty and magnificant God we serve. Either way our eyes will be unveiled and we will behold the Glorious One...and all see the mighty works His hands have done. I prefer to see and taste it now. I want to be prepared for the Wedding Feast. I want to be familiar with the environment and to be comfortable with His presence. I want to know Him truly and to have invested in His kingdom, so as to be aware of the works He has done to advance His kingdom. I want to be brought into His presence as fully as possible on this side so that when I see Him face to face I will recognize Him, I will have shared in the work and be joined to His heart.

And secondly, why not? Why not ask Him to breath His breathe of Life into us and to bring about the impossible? Why not experience His kingdom here on earth? I recently heard a teaching an a "why not" anointing. God wants people to dream the impossible, to say "why not?" God wants us to dream about His kingdom invading our lives and changing everything around us. God wants us to look at events, situations, people and say "Why not?" Why not ask God to touch their life? Why not ask Him to heal the broken hearted, to touch the wounded soul, to mend a physical ailment? He is the God who works the impossible -just read the testimonies in the Old Testament of His provision, protection, etc. He is a good God. He loves to give good gifts to His children (especially since ALL He has in him is goodness). He loves to bring His kingdom to earth- in any way (mending a mariage), realm (reigning over your life, a city, etc), situation (removing cancer from your body, clearing out the cold in your lungs, etc), anything!

0 Thoughts:

Powered by Blogger.