Well, apparently a lot more than I thought possible.
Continuously throughout June, I have been working on my thesis and working for a professor 20+ hours a week (June --until present ; )
John and I had our second wedding anniversary (June 10th)
Our dear neighbors moved (June 11th)
I submitted my thesis--126 pages (June 11th)
We celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary (June 13th - 15th)
I worked 20 hrs in 1 1/2 days to prepare a meeting for county extension agents (June 16/17)
John sat through a week of class...8:30 am to 5:00 pm everyday! (June 16th - 20th)
I (along with some now close friends) waited for 20+ hours in a Chick-fil-A parking lot to be # 80 of the "first 100" in line at a new opening in Lexington (June 18th/19th)
John waited 13.5+ hours in a Chick-fil-A parking lot (registered at # 117) to possibly win something. At 6:30 opening morning, he won a raffle and became #104...coincidentally making our win 104 FREE #1 combo meals (yes, they really do give away a "years supply" or 52 free combo meals to each of the first 100 people in line)...oh, and did I mention that this was during the middle of his class? (June 18th/19th)
*Side note: I should mention that about 1/3 of the population waiting in line for Chick-fil-A to open were 70+ years old, and I am not even joking. We began the rumor that this was the retirement plan! You get to travel to different states all while winning free food. It really does pay. If you added up the cost of each combo meal x tax x 104, John and I made at least $500!! So, this is our "student plan." It is kind of like a retirement plan, except it is about survival as a student.
Waiting at 6 in the morning (and after 3 hours of sleep on the pavement) to walk through Chick-fil-A and get our free combo meals !!!!
I got three shots (ouch! June 20th)
Within 24 hours we decided to make a "last minute" (obviously : ) trip out of town to visit family for about two days...oh, and we got to see James Goll (June 22nd/23rd)
Annnd, the list continues...but I will stop there.
One last thing before I finish. I will be defending my thesis this Thursday (June 26th) at 1:00 pm EST. Please pray that I would be relaxed, have clarity of thought, and enjoy the process. I think I am excited about this!
God richly bless each of you with His rich and wonderful love!!

3 Thoughts:
wow, you have been one busy momma.
i will DEF be praying for you tomorrow- along with mom, dad and patrick, because we'll all be together.
i love you and you will be brilliant with God's help!
love love love
s.
we'll certainly be praying... y'all need a breather! Good luck on the defense tomorrow!!!
Laura! I just finished reading your post, and it is 1:22p.m. on Thursday the 26th. How great that I am able to support you in prayer and best wishes at this, the last minute! As you defend your thesis, I do pray you'll express yourself beautifully and wisely, and I ask for your committee audience to be receptive and helpful. Make sure to blog about how it goes, okay? I'm sorry you are leaving KY so soon, but I wish you all the best during your doctoral pursuits down south. I read every blog post and love knowing what you're up to.
Take care!!
Sarah Flannery
Post a Comment