Ah, there is nothing like this time of year--being around family, familiar faces, long-standing traditions. Though, I can't say that I always know what to expect at my parents. John and I got to my parents today to find a couple of African American children playing in our yard, Dad jumping around in excitement, an old friend cooking lunch in the kitchen, one grandmother arriving just as we walked in the house, another friend walking through the back door, and my mom running down the stairs singing to me. I love it. I wouldn't trade all the unexpected oddities for anything.
All that to say, John and I are excited to begin our Thanksgiving break (I get a whole week off for the first time since high school!!) and to spend it with such special people. We are so thankful for this time. What are you thankful for?
Reporting live from Dothan, Al
9:12 PM
Powered by Blogger.

1 Thoughts:
oh oh oh, I can't wait to come home!!!!
Post a Comment