Reminded

I (Laura) have been reminded a lot lately about my dreams, my desires. The world seems wide open to me and John. I know in my heart there is nothing we cannot do. As we ministered to friends a few days ago, we were reminded of one of our deep desires to speak into the life of leaders, people in "high" places.

As we sat and laughed with them about life and talked through current situations, I really focused on how I could engage their hearts and speak to their desires. The Holy Spirit spoke, and by the end of the conversation I had three things that the Lord had put on my heart to share with them.

It felt so good to be in community with that precious couple, and my heart was warmed as we sat around their table and shared life, laughing at points and walking through their pain at other points. I felt encouraged because I knew the Lord was stirring my heart to speak into their hearts, and it was refreshing and energizing to have His thoughts coursing through me and then be able to share those with our friends.

That encounter left me with one prominent thought: I NEED TO DO THIS MORE OFTEN! This is what I am made to do (to be in community and fellowship with other believers and also to speak into the lives of leaders...)

Being aware of my desire to have an impact on others, I realize the magnificent importance of living in such intimate communion with the Lord that my conversations with Him never cease (even when I'm talking with other people).

All of this is good and a wonderful reminder of things to come...yet what will I choose for tomorrow? Will I choose to live from the deep desires and dreams that the Lord has ingrained in my being?

I hope so.

1 Thoughts:

Your Husband said...

Live from your deep desires! I am with you all the way, girl! Wow! You are always so compelling!

Love You,
John

Powered by Blogger.