John and I have finally arrived at our destination. It feels as if we've been moving and settling into our little home since June 10 (because "home is where the heart is," right?). I'm glad to find myself spending time on things other than unpacking. Not that I haven't enjoyed the experience, it has definitely been one of great adventure. I'm simply ready to continue on with exploring an unknown land, writing thank-you letters, growing in relationship with our neighbors, etc.
Yesterday John and I got new phones! That was quite exciting. As John was purchasing the phones I felt a strange pain in my right eye. I was not familiar with the sensations surging through my eyelid and asked John to take a look. "No, it doesn't look swollen" was the observation John made. I decided to wait until I got home to check it out.....
Later. I've never had a sty ( "an inflamed swelling of a sebaceous gland at the margin of an eyelid" M-W) so I was not sure about the little dot on my eyelid. All I knew was that it felt like a needle was being pushed into the hair line of my eyelashes. I showed it to John again and asked if that was what it was supposed to look like. He responded with "Hmm. That could be a sty, but it also could be a zit." "WHAT?!?!" I said. I was shocked. Could I pop it? Noooo. John didn't like that idea. "Will you pop it for me?" I asked John. "Oh. NOO!!" John stated. Ah. If a husband won't pop a zit on your eye than who will? No one.
Feeling rather adventureous after receiving our phones, John and I went home to eat a snack. No, that wasn't a continuation of our adventure but it did link us to our next exciting excursion. I had been wanting to drive on the country roads for a while. With only a county map and mustang we set out on the ol' Kentucky roads. We were gone for almost two hours!! I had so much fun. John and I got to sit beside a train track on a bridge and watch a train go by, drive by deep gorges, explore an abandoned marina/restaurant (actually, they were closed...but it sounds more daring that way), discover at the end of our journey we had made a very round-about circle and ended up right where we started from without ever turning around. Sweet!
Wilmore, Ky. : Day 25.
12:45 PM
Powered by Blogger.

0 Thoughts:
Post a Comment