I love the impossible. I have to admit that I've always had a fascination with what people would call the "impossible." What makes something "impossible" anyways??
I suppose my fascination with impossibilities was truly awakened the summer I felt the Lord leading my heart to South Africa and Mozambique just 6 weeks prior to the teams departure. The goal: to raise approximately $3,500 in 6 weeks. My heart: completely thrilled!! What an opportunity to see the Lord move; what an opportunity to stir peoples hearts with the passions of His heart. I believe He longed and purposed for me to be in Africe during that season, and I believe He brought believers into the story of what He was doing in Africa by allowing them to partner with me. Ah! I love how the Lord works so amazingly!!
In more recent days I've had a few people tell me I wouldn't be able to do things, whether it be completing a thesis in a total of 7 months or getting into a certain Ph.D. program. The same principle applies now that has always applied- if the Lord longs and purposes for things to happen, they will happen.
I leave you with one of my most loved quotes (from the film "Amazing Grace"):
When William Wilberforce says "No one of our age has ever taken power!" His dear friend states,
"Which is why we are too young to realize that certain things are impossible!"
love. IMPOSSIBILITIES.
10:25 PM
Powered by Blogger.

1 Thoughts:
Ah, I remember that quote. I saw that film in California.
Great quote!
Post a Comment