Our God is sooo amazing!!!

Tonight John and I were reflecting on the way the Lord has spoken to us during our relationship, and a note from a friend triggered John's memory of a dream he had long ago. John went to look in his dream book and found the dream he was remembering.

The dream was from March 3, 2005. In his dream we were hanging out on Georgia's campus during a football gameday (and tailgating with his family). We rode around and looked at the campus. Interestingly enough, not a lot happened....but John had this dream before Georgia was even a thought in our mind...before we were really even planning a life together. It was March 3, 2007 when the Lord spoke to me of His heart about a doctoral program for me...and It was March 3, 2008 when I heard the first word of acceptance into a program--that program was at the University of Georgia.

When I was making a list last year about the programs to apply to, UGA was at the top of that list. After finding out some things about the other schools I had applied to I thought that maybe UGA wasn't the top choice anymore, but the Lord has so confirmed that Athens is where we are supposed to be. Actually, John had said he believed our hearts would be drawn to where the Lord was leading us. Visiting Oklahoma State and Auburn (both excellent programs), I felt like my heart was confused and not at rest. As soon as we pulled into sight of UGA's campus something in me said "Oh, this is where I'm going to school." Funny- I had not even seen the place or talked to anyone yet. But as John and I talked to students and I met with professors all we heard were positive words and feelings towards the department.

So, if you can't tell, we are so very excited about where the Lord is drawing our hearts. In some ways I believe He has already given us a vision for Athens and will expand on that vision in the days to come. We are looking forward to all He will do in the days to come!!!

4 Thoughts:

s. wells said...

that's so exciting!
i've had some similar stuff happen lately- it's so cool when we write down what happens how we can see God's plan.

Claire said...

Fantastic! God is SO great! I'm so excited for you both! I'm sad you'll be moving away from Kentucky but Georgia isn't too far at all! Congrats on the acceptance and decision!

Anonymous said...

wonderful!!!!!!!we are so thankful for what the Lord has done for you all!!we are rejoicing with you.
g-mother

Jonah said...

Cool you guys believe that God can speak to you in your deams.I do to but my friend doesn´t believe that but ignore that.What my mom says !

Jonah coello,

Powered by Blogger.