I was proof-reading one of John's assignments for his spiritual warfare class when I read this journal entry (which I happened to like a lot). I've asked if I could put it up, so that is what follows!!
Entry 9
“Without total commitment to the will of God, known and unknown, we cannot be filled with the Spirit. Until we are filled with the Spirit, He cannot exercise His full role as Teacher in our praying” (Wesley Deuwel). It is interesting that the scripture says that God desires to reveal His plans to us by the Spirit (1 Cor. 2), but our trust in Him does not begin with that revelation. No, His revelation to us is subsequent to and dependent upon our full surrender to Him. God desires our trust to be in Him, as children trust their parents, before He will bring about full revelation of His plans for our lives. Certainly, His wooing us contains glimpses of His good plans for us, but His plans are never fully revealed until we have committed ourselves to Him completely. Perhaps this is to protect us from frustrating His will through our own prideful ways, but whatever the good motive, God has ordained that relational trust through faith precede understanding.
How true, how true.
6:37 PM
Powered by Blogger.

2 Thoughts:
that's a good word right there!
Interesting... however (there's always a however), I'm not sure I totally agree. “Without total commitment to the will of God, known and unknown, we cannot be filled with the Spirit"... "No, His revelation to us is subsequent to and dependent upon our full surrender to Him."
I think perhaps to be able to totally surrender to God may just be a gift from God. At least in my case I am glad that the ability to be filled with the Spirit and to have total revelation from God... is God dependent not me dependent.
I don't have everything figured out yet (hard to believe), but I'm working on it.
A. Jones
Post a Comment